Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
An_246889 posted:
Do you know of an experimental prostate treatment involving blood mixing with chemicals then putting the blood back in the body? What is it called? What are the side effects? Is it a last ditch effort type of treatment?
Bentley55 responded:
Not sure but google Provenge made by Dendreon Corp.
Basir U Tareen, MD responded:
Yes, I believe you are describing Provenge or Sipulceul-T. This is for men with end stage prostate cancer (hormone refractory) who have metastatic disease.

It is offered in most large academic centers and also in many larger urology groups. Ask your urologist for more information.

Featuring Experts

Basir Tareen, MD, is a board certified urologist who completed his residency at North Eastern Ohio University followed by a prestigious fellowship in ...More

Helpful Tips

Vacuum Pump
Radical prostate surgery 7 years ago. Now 67. Have used the injection with success. Best overall is the manual vacuum pump that I currently ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center