Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
An_246889 posted:
Do you know of an experimental prostate treatment involving blood mixing with chemicals then putting the blood back in the body? What is it called? What are the side effects? Is it a last ditch effort type of treatment?
Bentley55 responded:
Not sure but google Provenge made by Dendreon Corp.
Basir U Tareen, MD responded:
Yes, I believe you are describing Provenge or Sipulceul-T. This is for men with end stage prostate cancer (hormone refractory) who have metastatic disease.

It is offered in most large academic centers and also in many larger urology groups. Ask your urologist for more information.

Helpful Tips

Recovery of Erectile Function after Radical ProstatectomyExpert
Patients will often ask me if there is anything they can do to improve erectile function after radical prostatectomy. In general, I tell ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 22 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center