Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Prostate Biopsy Long Term Erectile Dysfuction
    JTFOR posted:
    I have done some research on line regarding prostate biopsy the bleeding side affects and erectile dysfunction. My biopsy was done almost two years ago and erectile issues have not improved. A few hours after the procedure, I experience excessive urinary bleeding that resulted in three trips to the emergency room and finally an overnight stay in the hospital. Basically the bleeding and clotting interfered with and then stopped my ability to urinate. Catheters helped but these too clogged and finally I spent the night having my urinary system flushed which finally cleared up the problem.

At this point I can engage in sex however my erection is not complete and is difficult to maintain until orgasm. This was never a problem before the biopsy. Also the amount of semen and ejaculate has greatly diminished to only a few drops.

Has anyone else had this experience following their prostate biopsy. My biopsy was negative which was a great outcome but the impact on my sex life is far from satisfactory.

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
    Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 5 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center