Skip to content
Prostate Biopsy Long Term Erectile Dysfuction
JTFOR posted:
I have done some research on line regarding prostate biopsy the bleeding side affects and erectile dysfunction. My biopsy was done almost two years ago and erectile issues have not improved. A few hours after the procedure, I experience excessive urinary bleeding that resulted in three trips to the emergency room and finally an overnight stay in the hospital. Basically the bleeding and clotting interfered with and then stopped my ability to urinate. Catheters helped but these too clogged and finally I spent the night having my urinary system flushed which finally cleared up the problem.

At this point I can engage in sex however my erection is not complete and is difficult to maintain until orgasm. This was never a problem before the biopsy. Also the amount of semen and ejaculate has greatly diminished to only a few drops.

Has anyone else had this experience following their prostate biopsy. My biopsy was negative which was a great outcome but the impact on my sex life is far from satisfactory.

Helpful Tips

Using Social Fundraising
The costs of treating and surviving prostate cancer can be staggering, and insurance doesn't cover everything. Using social fundraising ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center