Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
health screenings work
chuckdavid1019 posted:
I went to my urologist and got my PSA ..a direct result of wanting to save on my insurance , instead, I saved myself....4.6 psa...a biopsy....and stage 2 prostate cancer, I had the radical prostitectomy...and it is byebye gone...doing great..0.0 psa now...get checked..now.. and get the right treatment.....if I had dicked around and played the denial game I would be in worse shape....Guys...it does not go away when ignored.

Basir U Tareen, MD responded:
Great and glad everything worked out well. This is a great example of why PSA screening can and does save lives.

krieb responded:
I went to my Urologist in April and my PSA was .95. Yes, less than one. But he said that he felt something and my prostatitis symptoms were not going away with Cipro. He said it's biopsy time and I had stage 2 prostate cancer. I also had the Radical Prostatectomy. The point here is that one can not go by a PSA only. Have the EXAM....!!!!

jameshodge responded:
That is great advice Chuck. Too many guys I know are more than willing to ignore the symptoms. I'd even recommend taking prostate supplements like I've read in Super Beta Prostate reviews to help develop a healthy prostate.

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center