Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Zytiga Help
newhope posted:
Dear friends: my father was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer last year, he has been under goserelin (Zoladex) and Bicalutamide (CASODEX) treatment since then, but now his cancer is castration-resistant (prostate cancer that is resistant to medical or surgical treatments that lower testosterone), his cancer has spread his bones, chemo therapy does not work, no other treatment is available for him now, our heart are broken. My father lives in China, his Chinese doctor did research and find out Zytiga is good for castration-resistant prostate cancer, but Zytiga has not been used in China yet, we tried to buy Zytiga in the US but the pharmacy here does not accept Chinese's prescription. Could you please help us to find some Zytiga? fox example if someone have had this drug but does not use it anymore, or if someone can let us buy this drug using his prescription? In order to express our deeply thanks, we like to donate money to any charity organization specified by the helper, also we would be very happy to do any volunteer work for any charity organization specified by the helper. We count on our new hope on your help, please reply to me at yp_001@hotmail.com.
Thank you very much for your help in advance, God bless you!

Basir U Tareen, MD responded:
Actually your father has multiple options at this point. There have been many new drugs developed for castrate resistant prostate cancer and I would bet they may possibly available in the international markets as well. (soon if not already)

1. chemotherapy -- (Taxol) still considered by many to be the first line treatment for CRPC patients

2. Provenge -- CRPC patients w/ metastatic disease. I believe is available in Germany (if not, then soon)

3. Zytiga -- typically need to try chemo first in the states, but this is likely to change soon

4. Xtandi -- newest drug on the market. also an oral drug. Right now, likely most med oncologists will want to put patient on at least some type of chemo first

Best of luck,
BT

Helpful Tips

EXPERINCE WITH CYBERKNIFE FOR PROSTATE CANCER TREATMENT
I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER DETAILS TO ANY OF YOU WHO ARE STUDYING THE TREATMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR PROSTATE CANCER. I HAVE ALMOST A ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center