Skip to content
when will i pee normal after prostate cancer removal
jaysteitz posted:
I have not gone the bathroom normal ever since my prostate cancer removal how long before i will pee normal?

Rob744 responded:
I Haven,t pee,d normal for a year now, I start with a burning sensation and when I stop I get tinkling nerve sensation, they tried all sorts of drugs nothing works.

spanz replied to Rob744's response:
6 1/2 weeks out, and the peeing has finally stopped burning. Actually it was half burning & half "straining" pain. I guess things are just all tore up down there and need some time to heal.

Nurse said to lay off things that irritate the bladder, and that helped some: tomatoes, lemons, coffee, tea, alcohol.

There is an over the counter bladder calmer called AZO. If it burns a lot, that might help. You pee bright orange after taking it though. One pill at a time is fine (they imply you need to take 2 at a time).

I had enough pain that I was sure I had a UTI, but nope, the culture came back negative. It just is going to hurt some!

All things will pass!

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center