Skip to content
prostate cancer
justgeno posted:
Serveral years ago(3 to 4 ??)During a regular checkup,my Urologist found that I had a small cancer on my prostate,At the time I was probably 66 years old and married to a lady 20 years younger than myself.My Urologist was aware of this because my wife used to work in his office,so he knew us both and a little about our personal life.
He told me that due to his age he did not do surgery anymore but he had a new surgen that had just joined their group and he
sp ecialized in the lascike surgery through laposopic type.He told me
to let the surgen know what type of removal are treatment I wanted to do.After talking with the surgen he said with the new lasik type surgery he could probably save the nerves and tissue around my prostate in that way my sex life would probably be ok.
Myself not knowing what I knowing anything at the time,as I now know,realize it wasn't really nessasary to remove my prostate.
So I let him go ahead and remove it,but he didn't save anything because soon I may have to sit down like a woman to pee.I have know sex life which was very important to me and both doctors were aware of this.I am glad they got the cancer but it has ruined as far as I'm concerned my life.I have always been a very sexually active person and it has been very important to me.Now I am so depressed that I feel there is nothing much to live for.I'm am 70 now and I am so frustrated that my life is just over.What if anything can I do to be able to have sex again.My intire manhood is gone,my muscles are gone,my penis is gotten so short that I will soon have to sit like a woman to pee.I tried Testosterone for about a year it did nothing to help,so I stopped taking it.I get regular blood work because my wife is a lab tech by trade and works in my general doctors office.Is there any hope for me,I'm a young 70 year old you would not believe I was that old by my personality and my looks.PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THERE IS SOMETHING I CAN DO. THANKS "JUSTGENO" PS:I MISPELLED LOTS OF WORDS I KNOW AND AM NOT DOING SPELL CHECK,YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SPELL.OK

Take the Poll

I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO DO HERE?SO I 'LL DO NOTHING
  • NOT SURE WHAT THIS MEANS?
  • NOT SURE WHAT TO PUT HERE SO I'M LEAVING IT WITH THIS,I HOPE ITS
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center