Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3.Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    I need help for my husband
    An_252304 posted:
    I need some help to try and get my husband to the Dr. These are the symptoms he's exhibiting: frequent urination, occasional blood in semen, painful in groin area on both sides of testicles, back pain, and swelling in lower extremities. He looks really bad. He travels a lot and I could see a big decline in his appearance since I just saw him 10 days ago. He's very tired. He has trouble remembering things he I'd just a few hours ago. My fear is he has advanced prostate cancer but he's working on a large project and says he'll go to Dr when it's complete. HELP!!
    AOBlack responded:
    Can someone please answer these questions for me? Where is the Dr on here when you need him? Husband is still having severe back pain, blood in his semen, and difficulty at times urinating. Has anyone else experienced this and what was diagnosis?
    billh99 replied to AOBlack's response:
    I am sorry, but the doctor only drops by every month or so.

    And no one can give a diagnoses based on the information that you gave.

    But, whatever the problem is, your husband has serious symptoms that needs to be seen by a doctor.
    sam1985 replied to billh99's response:
    I suggest you to for a orthopedic doctor. know more on:
    An_252304 responded:
    Thank you for the suggestions. I'm just worried about the severity of his symptoms and hope I can get him to the doctor soon. I'm just worried with these symptoms he possibly has advanced stage cancer. But thanks for the support.
    MIKERAPHONE replied to An_252304's response:
    Those are definitely symptoms of advanced prostate cancer tell him those projects can wait he needs to seek medical attention RIGHT AWAY !
    miguelito51 responded:
    please - is he stubborn? or does he want to shorten his life with his loved ones? the project can wait. good god, please force him to go the doctor - now! there should be no debate. really in the grand scheme of things the STUPID PROJECT CAN WAIT! I'm not trying to be inconsiderate here, but please!
    sam1985 responded:
    Here is a very helpful article along with few back links to give you a better understanding :
    diytestkitsdotcom responded:
    Were you able to get your husband to consult a doctor? He is one stubborn guy. He probably endures a whole lot of discomforts and pain in his situation, but he still refuses to heed the signs. Well, you could try getting him to use a DIY test kit like Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) Blood Spot Test Kit of ZRT, which can determine the level of PSA in his system. A high level of PSA indicates Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) or enlargement of the prostate gland, or even prostate cancer. He could take the kit with him wherever he goes, and test at his time of convenience. Although, a doctor's consultation would be the better option. But, hopefully when he sees the result on the little test kit, it will encourage him to go seek a doctor's opinion. Don't give up trying and always be strong for him.
    abbymccluremyf responded:
    I am sorry about your husband. Only a doctor can give him a complete diagnosis. He should be become willing to be physically checked by a doctor and undergo some tests to know what he is really having right now.

    Helpful Tips

    GENERIC Tramadol | Tramadol Non Prescription
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center