Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post Brachytherapy damage
capnnevs posted:
I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer 8 years ago and successfully underwent Brachytherapy nine months later.
However, as a result, I have had dry orgasms.
I was led to believe that that this condition would be permanent due to irreversible damage caused by the radiation. However, in the past year I have experienced a secretion of a small amount of colourless glutinous liquid a few minutes after a dry orgasm. There seems to have been an increase in this fluid in the last few months.
Could it be that the body is repairing itself after so many years of dry orgasms? Is this post orgasm fluid actually sperm or is it something else?

billh99 responded:
There is the cowpeper gland that is after the prostrate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulbourethral_gland

During sexual arousal each gland produces a clear, salty, viscous secretion known as pre-ejaculate . This fluid helps to lubricate the urethra for spermatozoa to pass through, neutralizing traces of acidic urine in the urethra,[2> and helps flush out any residual urine or foreign matter. Though the pre-ejaculate does not contain sperm it is possible for this fluid to pick up sperm , remaining in the urethral bulb from previous ejaculations , and carry them out prior to the next ejaculation.

I had a prostatectomy and get small amount of fluid via that gland.

Don't know if that is what you are getting or not.

capnnevs replied to billh99's response:
Appreciate your feedback Bill.
My Urologist was surprised that I would have no sperm ejaculation whatsoever so I guess that they overdid the Brachy radiation in my case.
I would imagine that this liquid that you refer to is the same as mine. It has a smoky smell to it and doesn't have the appearance of sperm at all.
However, it would be interesting to know why there is a delay of a few minutes after orgasm before this liquid is secreted.
Obviously, however, remains the key question of whether it is possible for sperm to appear in this liquid and whether the apparatus that enables sperm ejaculation is "fried" beyond repair.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center