Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post Prostrate Cancer and Testrone Treatments
joesummy posted:
I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer (PC) in January 2007 with a Gleason 3 level...The cancer cells were in 10 of 12 prostrate sections. It was also considered "aggressive"; however it was thought at the time that the cancer was contained in the prostrate.

I received over 40 gold beam treatments...they implanted gold in my prostrate as targets for the radiation treatments. I received my last In the first week of April 2007. I have not had anymore treatments since then.

The treatments worked. Now it is July 10, 2013. And there never has been indication that the cancer will return...PSA in very low. However, I have been basically castrated by the radiation treatments.

Unfortunately, I have all the physical and emotional symptoms that comes from having had the prostrate treatments. My main concerns are the lack of energy and the weight gain.

Although I was obese before the treatments at 240. My weight is now between 280-300. I am 5'9" and I will 64 in Oct. 2013.

Question: Once I had cancer and now I don't. But I still have the all the post treatment symptoms. Are there any modern treatments that will help...including monitored testosterone therapy?

joesummy

Featuring Experts

Basir Tareen, MD, is a board certified urologist who completed his residency at North Eastern Ohio University followed by a prestigious fellowship in ...More

Helpful Tips

Vacuum Pump
Radical prostate surgery 7 years ago. Now 67. Have used the injection with success. Best overall is the manual vacuum pump that I currently ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center