Skip to content
Spots on a CT Scan after radial radial prostatectomy
An_252964 posted:
Had a diagnosis of prostrate cancer after a biopsy. Gleason was 3+4 and PSA 12.7. Pre-surgery MRI and bone scan were clear of cancer, so a radial prostatectomy was performed with wide margins of tissue removed. The margins were clear (lymph nodes and other tissue) and there was no cancer outside the capsule of the prostrate. The surgeon recommended PSA testing and had a good report.
Nine days after surgery I had a DVT episode which called for an ultrasound and eventually a CTscan to diagnose a lymphocele. The local urologist said that this CTscan (taken 4 weeks after the one at Vanderbilt) has spots on the bones??? I will not be back with my Vanderbilt doctor for four more weeks. I will be sending them the film ahead of that visit. Anyone else ever have this happen or is this perhaps a machine malfunction? The local urologist seemed puzzled by it.

Helpful Tips

EXPERINCE WITH CYBERKNIFE FOR PROSTATE CANCER TREATMENT
I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER DETAILS TO ANY OF YOU WHO ARE STUDYING THE TREATMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR PROSTATE CANCER. I HAVE ALMOST A ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center