Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What does this PSA level mean?
zzbernie posted:
The PSA level listed on my blood testing report indicates it is 5,363. I don't see anywhere this level is listed in the thousands, rather like the quote below, where levels above 4 are a concern. So is the 5,363 PSA result a concern?

"When prostate cancer develops, the PSA level usually goes above 4. Still, a level below 4 does not guarantee that a man doesn't have cancer — about 15% of men with a PSA below 4 will have prostate cancer on biopsy. Men with a borderline PSA level between 4 and 10 have about a 1 in 4 chance of having prostate cancer. If the PSA is more than 10, the chance of having prostate cancer is more than 50%."

billh99 responded:
That certainly sounds like an ERROR.

Have it redone. In fact I am surprised that your doctor has not already done this.

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center