Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Diet and prostate cancer prevention
An_216402 posted:

Because of acid reflux, I can no longer eat tomato products. Is there another food or combination of foods that might be equally effective in either preventing or slowing down prostate cancer?

az4peaks2 responded:
Hi Anon, - "UCSF PCa Diet". Although I am not, personally, a great believer in the impact that Diet can make on PCa, I realize many are. Since I try very hard to provide personally unbiased information, I have available a very extensive article from the University of California at San Francisco Registered Dietition addressing PCa and Diet. It is too long to post here!

If you will E-mail me asking for it, I will be happy to reply by furnishing it to you, and anyone else interested who requests it, in .pdf format.

Subject: UCSF PCa Diet

John@newPCa.org (aka) az4peaks

Galileo1962 replied to az4peaks2's response:
Besides John's (as usual) excellent advice, you might want to
look into the Prostate Cancer Foundation "Taste for Living"
cookbook. You can buy it on their website.

A disclaimer: I haven't tried the cookbook. Just thought I'd mention it.

An_216403 responded:
You might check Anticancer: A New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber and The China Study by T. Colin Campbell for dietary recommendations.

DUKE MEDICINE
Judd W Moul, MD responded:
In 2008, researchers from Duke, M.D. Anderson, UNC, U. Michigan, and NCI published their findings on the use of flaxseed supplementation as a nutritional preventive intervention for prostate cancer. (Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17(12):3577-87, 2008) According to this study, ground flaxseed is safe and associated with biological alterations that may be protective for prostate cancer.

Tomweb replied to az4peaks2's response:
YES -- send me your prostate info:

tomrobb4@yahoo.com

Regards,

Tom Robb

az4peaks2 replied to Tomweb's response:
Sent

jameshodge responded:
Well you can decrease the likelihood of getting cancer if you have a healthy prostate. In order to keep this gland functioning well, beta-prostate is a popular option. In the right dosage it can be very effective according to Super Beta Prostate supplement reviews . As far as a diet goes, eat more greens and work out and you should be fine.

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center