Skip to content
Post Prostate Surgery Issues
Ill3000 posted:
I had DaVinci laproscopy surgery in 2007 to remove my prostate. This was followed up by radiation therapy in 2008 to make sure nothing was missed "outside the box". The plan was to do kegel exercises to keep the incontinence in-check. It seemed to work somewhat until I hit some seasonal allergies in the spring of 2009 and again in the fall of 2009. The flow was going so I opted to do Plan B - a male sling. That was inserted in December 2009. That too has not worked. Now I am waiting for Plan C - artificial sphincter. I have tried the external catheter - it does not stay on. As part of all this, I suffer from erectile dysfunction too. When it rains, it pours!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and welcome to WebMD,

I encourage you to try posting on our Erectile Dysfunction board as Dr. Marks there may have some ideas for you. :-)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you'll help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe

Helpful Tips

Recovery of Erectile Function after Radical ProstatectomyExpert
Patients will often ask me if there is anything they can do to improve erectile function after radical prostatectomy. In general, I tell ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center