Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
50 year old male
dnye56 posted:
I am to have prostate cancer surgery on September 3. Can anyone tell me any thing. Thanks

olblue53 responded:
dnye, there is a lot of info on here. What kind of surgery? I'm 58 years old. Had the radical in January of 2009. I'm doing very well. negative margins and all PSA tests since have been negative. No trouble with leakage. Sex is decent at best.

tony04williams responded:
Hi had prostate surgery 15 wks ago i selected Laparoscopic surgery glad i did.I had no pain had surgery on Thursday home Monday no incontinence at all small amount up to 6 wks now same as pre surgery.ED is a problem as far as erection not able to achieve anything worth while but Doc said it would improve but i can achieve orgasm very easily.I wish you well.Tony

BoomerBrief responded:
I went through the same thing in 2003 and elected to have RLRP (robotic surgery). I've written a book - just now out on Amazon.com - "Dead Men Don't Have Sex. A Guy's Guide to Surviving Prostate Cancer." You might find it helpful. I wrote for guys like (us).

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center