Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A little scared
An_216461 posted:
My Husband had the gold seeds implanted last week, and today we went for a follow-up with the oncologist, and to get marked for where they will do radiation, starting next week. They used a catheter and now he is having some bleeding which is making him nerveous. Is it normal to have bleeding afterward?

bogie11 responded:
The doctor should be able to answer that question. I doubt that it is serious. What facility is doing the radiation? I used Jacksonville 19 months ago and am very glad that I chose proton, as is everyone I've spoken to that did the same. There was no pain involved and no side effects. It was like a vacation.

Featuring Experts

Basir Tareen, MD, is a board certified urologist who completed his residency at North Eastern Ohio University followed by a prestigious fellowship in ...More

Helpful Tips

Essiac Tea
In June, 2006 I was DX'd with PCa and formulated my own diet, opting to go the Watchful Waiting route. The diet was replete with herbs, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center