Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
CYNR07 posted:
my father's PSA level increased from 3.3 in 2008 to 5.5 this year. He is 72 years old and has a family history of prostate cancer. How concerner should we be with this increase??
bogie11 responded:
He should see a urologist, if he hasn't already. Probably a biopsy will be recommended. Surgery may not be recommended because of his age. He should research all of his options before committing to any one.

Featuring Experts

Basir Tareen, MD, is a board certified urologist who completed his residency at North Eastern Ohio University followed by a prestigious fellowship in ...More

Helpful Tips

Essiac Tea
In June, 2006 I was DX'd with PCa and formulated my own diet, opting to go the Watchful Waiting route. The diet was replete with herbs, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center