Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Does Enlarge Prostate effect erection stability
James24Man posted:
Iam 24 Year old man 6'7 360, and i have previously had chlamydia twice, and it was treated. I have seen a urologist before and from what he told me is that my prostate is enlarged, and i went to another urologist and was advised that iam fine but iam having problems. Iam having issues with staying erected, and iam a young guy i should not have this problem. The issue i have with the enlarged prostate have something to do with it. I have been to 2 urologist and none knows what they are doing, and i live in new york. Cant u touch on this topic, thanks.

Fairwind responded:
First, you need to deal with the 360 part....Then all the other parts should fall into place...Chlamydia twice?? Maybe some lifestyle changes too...

DUKE MEDICINE
Judd W Moul, MD responded:
YOU ARE A BIG GUY! AT AGE 24, IT IS VERY RARE TO HAVE AN ENLARGED PROSTATE GLAND. AN ENLARGED, NON-CANCEROUS PROSTATE GLAND IS CALLED, "BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERTROPHY" OR "BPH". AGAIN, IT WOULD BE VERY UNUSUAL FOR A MAN YOUR AGE TO HAVE BPH. ALSO, ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION (ED) IS PRETTY UNCOMMON IN MEN AT AGE 24 ----- ALTHOUGH VIRTUALLY ALL MEN CAN EXPERIENCE "PERFORMANCE ANXIETY" AT TIMES AND MAY HAVE TEMPORARY ED WITH SOME SEXUAL ENCOUNTERS. IF YOU CAN GET A STRONG AND LASTING ERECTION WITH MASTURBATION BUT HAVE ED ONLY IN PARTNER SITUATIONS, THIS MAY BE A PERFORMANCE ANXIETY ISSUE. YOU SHOULD ALSO BE CHECKED FOR DIABETES AS THIS IS A DISEASE THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ED AT YOUNG AGES. ALSO, IF YOU SMOKE CIGARETTES OR MARAJUANA, THIS CAN CAUSE ED EVEN IN YOUNG MEN AND YOU SHOULD STOP. ILLICIT DRUG USE CAN ALSO CAUSE ED, SO IF YOU ARE USING DRUGS, YOU SHOULD STOP AND SEE IF THE ED IMPROVES. SOMETIMES MEN CONFUSE ED WITH PREMATURE EJACULATION (PE). PE IS A COMMON CONDITION WHERE A MAN EJACULATES TOO SOON AFTER PENETRATION TO SATISFY HIS PARTNER. IF A MAN EJACULATES WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF PENETRATION, THIS MAY BE PE. YOU MAY NEED TO SEE A UROLOGIST WHO SPECIFICALLY SPECIALIZES IN SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION.
BEST WISHES, DR. MOUL

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center