Skip to content
Impotence - Recent Robotic Surgery
RobertRai77 posted:
I had cancer (gleason score of 6) and had robotic surgery to remove my prostate in May of 2010. However, as a result of this surgery, I am now impotent. I have recently taken viagara for about three weeks, but still cannot obtain an erection. I am awaiting a new prescription to take for a three month period. If this medication does not work, what is another alternative? I have read that it can take a year or two!! Other than this problem, I am doing great, but having this problem is frustrating. Please advise. Thank you, Robert R.

Fairwind responded:
Your U-Doc has a whole bag-full of tricks..Pumps, inserts, injections, what ever it takes..Talk to him about all the wonderful things that are available..

RobertRai77 replied to Fairwind's response:
Thanks for the quick response. If the viagara does not work, a conversation with my U-Doc will certainly be undertaken, as you suggested.

nccmking replied to RobertRai77's response:
I had the same surgery in late 2007. I am very thankful for the cancer removal but suffers as you do. I have tried all of the drugs and I must say the viagara works best. I am considering aan implant however!

TomS1948 responded:
Pills didn't work for me. I've been using injections (Edex) for 4.5 years now. Great erections that last an hour or better. Hang in there (no pun intended).

Helpful Tips

Using Social Fundraising
The costs of treating and surviving prostate cancer can be staggering, and insurance doesn't cover everything. Using social fundraising ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center