Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Men's Protective Guards
az4peaks2 posted:
@font-face { font-family: "Arial"; }@font-face { font-family: "Arial"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }@font-face { font-family: "TimesNewRomanPSMT"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Cambria; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }.MsoChpDefault { font-size: 10pt; font-family: Cambria; }div.WordSection1 { page: WordSection1; }Hi ALL, - About a year ago, I talked personally with the Tena (ten-ah) Director of Marketing by phone. I suggested to him that I thought there was a substantial market for a thinner pad, that would be more "fan" shaped for use with Briefs, for men. I described how using 2 of their regular pads shaped in a "V" covered the area, but that one properly designed from scratch would serve a need for the many men who have prolonged"stress" incontinence.

I provided him the statistical facts, that over a quarter of a million men a year are diagnosed with PCa and that, collectively, there are about 2 million men presently living with a PCa diagnosis and that number is growing annually. Of course, a majority of these men wear pads only temporarily, but a surprisingly large number do use them for prolonged periods and some, even permanently,

He said that it cost a great deal of money to change the configuration of the machines to accommodate this new size but that he would discuss it with others for consideration. Tena has recently introduced just such a pad. Whether or not it was a result of our conversation, I have no idea and the gentlemen I talked recently left the company.

I'm sure those left behind are afraid I am looking fo royalties or some remuneration, but I am just happy that they have produced a pad that fills a real need in the PCa world. This is a pad that fits a man's brief properly, largely eliminating the problem of shifting location. To my knowledge, it is presently made in five absorbencies and intended for men with light to moderate leakage and are called "Men's Protective Guards" .

If not available locally, they can be obtained from drugstore.com for a $16.99, for a pack of 48, individually wrapped, with free shipping on purchases of $25+. I have no financial interest in either company and this is Posted here for informational purposes only. Hope this information helps some of you.

John@newPCa.org (aka) az4peaks

dab60 responded:
Thank you az4peaks2. After reading your post last week I bought the new Tena pads. I found them at a CVS pharmacy. They are perfect for me. No more big bulge in the wrong area. I haven't really needed the absorbency of the Depend Male Guards for quite a while but that was about all I could find until now. The stores I go to either had the Depends Guards or diapers, nothing lighter duty. Thank you again.

dab60 responded:
Thank you az4peaks. The new pad from Tena is just what I need. I had been using the Depends Male Guards but they were bulkier than what I needed. Thank you so much for that adivse.

Helpful Tips

Recovery of Erectile Function after Radical ProstatectomyExpert
Patients will often ask me if there is anything they can do to improve erectile function after radical prostatectomy. In general, I tell ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center