Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
You are all so lucky
Sheldon_Marks_MD posted:
I am so excited and impressed to see that you have Judd Moul, M.D. as your prostate cancer Web expert. For those of you that don't know, Dr. Moul is perhaps one of he most respected and admired prostate cancer experts in the world. I am not just saying that because he is a nice guy. having Judd here is like having the Pope to talk about Catholicism or Donald Trump to talk about starting a small business. Dr. Moul has a reputation for honesty, brilliance, insight and wisdom that is unequaled. Judd is, without a doubt, a true world leader in the field. I can tell you that when many high level experts have questions, they look to Dr. Moul for advice and guidance. For someone so important and so busy to give of his time to help here is impressive. Thank you, Dr. Moul.

DUKE MEDICINE
Judd W Moul, MD responded:
Dear Sheldon, Thank you so much for your kind words! For our readers, Dr Marks is also a noted authority on prostate cancer! We have been friends and colleagues in this field for many years. His book on prostate cancer (Prostate and Cancer: A Family Guide to Diagnosis, Treatment, and Survival) has been a best-seller and is a wonderful resource for any man facing prostate cancer. I have recommended his book to my patients for many years from my Walter Reed days to my current position as Director of the Duke Prostate Center. Again, I sincerely appreciate Dr. Marks comments and hope he will be able to comment from time-to-time on this site, which will make our educational efforts richer and add further insight.

Warm regards,
Judd [br>[br>

az4peaks2 replied to Judd W Moul, MD's response:
Hi Dr Moul, Dr. Marks and all, - We are very fortunate to have both these distinguished Urologists make comments on this Board.

Although I have never personally met either of them, I have followed Dr. Moul's career and research since he was the head of the Department of Defense's, Prostate Cancer (PCa), widely respected, research program and I am familiar with Dr. Marks and his best selling book on the subject.

Doctors, we sincerely appreciate your efforts on the behalf of those of us with PCa (whether active or not) and thank you both for your efforts to expand the educational resources for patients and your contributions to the field of knowledge about the disease. - John@newPCa.org (aka) az4peaks

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
We are VERY lucky to have both of these amazing experts in the Prostate Cancer Community as well as our Men's Health Community and Erectile Dysfunction Community .

WebMD, the members and myself thank you both for your time and amazing insight, Dr. Moul and Dr. Marks.

Take care!
Amelia

Featuring Experts

Basir Tareen, MD, is a board certified urologist who completed his residency at North Eastern Ohio University followed by a prestigious fellowship in ...More

Helpful Tips

Recovery of Erectile Function after Radical ProstatectomyExpert
Patients will often ask me if there is anything they can do to improve erectile function after radical prostatectomy. In general, I tell ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center