Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

update 4 years post-salvage radiation therapy
    Galileo1962 posted:
    A personal update--I just saw my radiation oncologist, and my PSA remains less than 0.1. I completed SRT in early 2007.

BobKy responded:
    Great news! Hope your PSA continues at that rate.

Bob

az4peaks2 responded:
    Hi Wes, - That is great to hear! It looks more and more like the recurrence WAS localized. Each "undetectable" PSA (0.1 ng/ml) year improves the odds of REMAINING PCa free. Best personal regards and good wishes, my friend! - John@newPCa.org

Galileo1962 replied to az4peaks2's response:
    Bob and John, thank you!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
    I also wanted to express my happiness for you with this great news!!! Congratulations and here's to many more healthy years ahead!

Take care,
    Amelia

Galileo1962 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
    Thank you Amelia for you kind words and all you do for this community. I brought many worries, questions, and concerns here to WebMD over the years, and got a lot of great help. az4peaks2 (John) in particular has been a source of balanced, thoughtful information and guidance.

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
    Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 5 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center