Skip to content
psa .064 - is that normal?
An_239590 posted:
Hello folks.

I'm a 45 year old male. I had a routine urinalysis and my psa was 0.64. According to the lab report the normal range is 0.00 - 4.00.

That seems pretty low. Is that normal? Thanks!

az4peaks2 responded:
Hi AN239590, - We need to first know which PSA result has the correct decimal point. I am going to ASSUME that it is the 0.64 and that is about the desired average for a 45 year old man. The .064 that appears in the Subject line is probably a typo, but correct me if my assumption is wrong.

A Study by Dr. Catalona at Northwestern University Medical Center showed the following "median" (50% above & 50% below) levels found for men in the following age groups:

40's = 0.7 ng/ml
50's = 0.9
60's = 1.3
70's = 1.7

You seem to be very close to the median and that should be encouraging. Statistical hances are high, that you probably have a healthy Prostate, as yet relatively unaffected by BPH, which is the natural growth of the Prostate that occurs in nearly all men, in varying degrees, after the age of 40 y/o.

Unless you have some symptoms, you test pretty well at the present time. - John@newPCa.org (aka) az4peaks

angrysquirrel1 replied to az4peaks2's response:
Thanks John! You were right. The subject line was definitely a typo and the tests were 0.64

Helpful Tips

Using Social Fundraising
The costs of treating and surviving prostate cancer can be staggering, and insurance doesn't cover everything. Using social fundraising ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center