Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cancer cells escaped during surgery
GJBKLYN posted:
I had robotic surgery 6 months ago and my physican accidently cut into my prostste during the procedure. My PSA is now going up and he says I have cells throughout my body. I was given Lupron to slow the cancer down, but I was was told there was nothing to cure it. Does anyone know of any alternatives.

Greg

az4peaks2 responded:

• Hi Greg - You evidently are being told that you likely have systemic disease, and if this assumption is accurate, you PROBABLY had it at the time of your surgery.

• Do you have a printed copy of your post-surgical Pathology report? Its contents should clarify what was found at the time of surgery and provide much more information on which to base your decisions.
  • From what you have said in your Post, I PRESUME that it shows that there was one or more positive intra-specimen margins or positive surgical margins with extra-capsular extension, however, what is needed is pathological evidence of such possible events.
  • If you would like help in determining the potential significance of Pathology Report contents, I would be happy to help you make such an assessment, for follow-up with your professional advisors, with whom you can, and should, verify any information acquired here. If interested, feel free to contact me at — John@newPCa.org (aka) az4peaks

Featuring Experts

Basir Tareen, MD, is a board certified urologist who completed his residency at North Eastern Ohio University followed by a prestigious fellowship in ...More

Helpful Tips

Essiac Tea
In June, 2006 I was DX'd with PCa and formulated my own diet, opting to go the Watchful Waiting route. The diet was replete with herbs, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center