Skip to content
Boxer shorts cause prostate cancer?
Roddy65 posted:
I want the opinion if the boxer cause the prostate cancer? or just it come from cancer cells

BillH99 responded:
I have never heard of any kind of link between boxers and prostate cancers.

In general the body is always making new cells. And a few of those cells mutate. Most of the time they bodies natural defenses detect and block harmful cells.

This is a true for all kinds of cancers.

But sometimes the natural defenses or weakened or not enough to block a large number of mutant cells sand the cancer start multiplying.

Now there are certain internal and external factors that can weaken the bodies defense or increase the mutation of the cells.

They include things like genetics, poor diet, exposure to radiation, and exposure to certain chemicals.

az4peaks2 responded:
Hi Roddy, - NO!!!! Boxer shorts do NOT cause Prostate Cancer (PCa). NO ONE knows the real cause of spontaneous PCa and the thoughts about what does cause it, are largely speculation and hypotheses, without acceptable scientific proof of direct cause and effect. -

There is a small segment of Prostate Cancer patients that are thought to have "inherited" PCa, which infers genetic abnormalities passed directly from one generation to another, but they account for less than 9% of ALL PCa cases.

This is not the same as the familial relationship that provides statistical evidence that increased POTENTIAL susceptibility for PCa occurs in males with first line relatives that have the disease. This does SUGGEST that there is, probably some genetic component in such cases that do acquire the disease, particularly when acquired at earlier ages. - John@newPCa.org (aka) az4peaks

Helpful Tips

EXPERINCE WITH CYBERKNIFE FOR PROSTATE CANCER TREATMENT
I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER DETAILS TO ANY OF YOU WHO ARE STUDYING THE TREATMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR PROSTATE CANCER. I HAVE ALMOST A ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center