Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
is it okay to miss like 12 days of school in total?
sylviacute1 posted:
missed that many days and im an senior. but my grades are good. i'm not failing any classes. but there not excused.. should i worry? will they drop me?

elle0317 responded:
I would call the school and ask that question. I'm sure every school has their own set of rules regarding this.

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
That is a lot of days to miss. As for your question of whether they will drop you, check with the school. But, I have 2 concerns based on your question: Is there a problem (aside from missing school) that you need to attend to? Also, is missing school related to not wanting to go or put full effort into it? These issues are problems in themselves that would need to be addressed.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.