Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Lateral thinking
3DPerspective posted:
Really interesting concept.
"People with a strong ability to mentalize have the often difficult-to-attain perspective of understanding themselves from the outside and others from the inside".

Understanding themselves from the outside and the others from the inside.
In a way it puts the critical emphasis back to the early years and education, about values.

How much value placed on relationships and self improvement, some people don't need much self improvement at all, because are born naturally well adjusted to social interactions. Their natural traits are rewarded with lots of good friends, they then go on to master many types of social interactions and they know how to have fun.

They don't need to do much analysis and understanding of others mind on the "inside", they just play and create the social atmosphere that others will go along with and respond to according to their moods.
Over obsessive work goals can treat on others toes, and be socially ejected. Personal ambitions can also be damaging to relationships.

Great article, please write some more.

Take the Poll

What is the right order and balance between career, work, and social relationships?
  • Social relationships, study, career, work
  • Social relationships, study, career planning,
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Same thing here
My boyfriend use to hold me as we slept, now it is i have to hold him or he wants to hold hands. The intamcy is not like it use to be and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.