Skip to content


Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
Why he won't
FreshnBoo posted:
My husband of 20 years an I are having some problems and now we have gone from a healthy daily sex life to once a week. This is not enough for me so I masterbate. When doing this he will listen and watch and then climb on top of me to get me off, but does not want to ejaculate himself. He will stop and when I ask him if I can do it for him he says no and when I ask him why he says he doesn't want to. This is hurting me so bad and I do not understand it. Any answers would be helpful
dfromspencer responded:
My first guess is, he's suffering from loss of feeling in his penis? Possibly anorgasmia? Maybe a little low-T? Your guess would be as good as mine. May i suggest you take him to see his Doctor? His Dr. could run the nessasary blood tests. Find out for sure whats wrong down there?

Once a man hits 40/45 he starts to lose a little gumption, if you can understand that? But, to rule out something that may be health threatening, could ease your, and his mind conciderably!!! Go see that Doctor!!!

Good luck!

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
I get from what you write that you are having problems separate from the sexual issues. Many people have issues in their sex life that stems from other relationship problems. And, they often find that when they work through those problems, the sexual issues resolve, too.

You might find it helpful to read one of my blogs, How to Improve Your Marriage and Communicate .

Perhaps if you share more about the other issues here, some people might have some supportive and helpful feedback.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.