Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
Took the BIG Step
Anon_11642 posted:
Just wanted you to know that I decided to face my fears - I dressed up and went to our local hospital and asked for Human Resources - they sent me to the CEO - I told her that I am retired but feeling like I would like to work one day a week. She asked about what I have done - which is a lot during my lifetime - anyway she asked if I would like switchboard or scanning records or whatever and told her whatever they had for me to do - only thing I wanted day hours.

Anyway, she said there is a need - she gave me an application and will fill it out and return it to her in a couple of days.

Just doing that made me feel SO good - just wanted to let you know I am trying not to let anxiety get in the way of my having a fuller life. I was just honest with her - told her something like a "Girl Friday" - job - and this one day a week didn't seem to bother her.

Anyway, thanks for supporting me and telling me what I need to do - face your FEARS.

Anyway, thanks again for the encouragement - I'll let you know what happens - I am not telling a soul - not family or friends - if I do get hired want to make sure I like it before anyone knows about it.

Anyway, thanks for your support.

gd9900 responded:
I'm so happy for you!!! It's a little step but a big step at the same time I wish you all the best.

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
I'm so happy for you! Facing fears is difficult, well worth feeling proud of yourself for.

I hope you like the job, whatever it is. If not, I hope you are able to still see this as a step forward; take a breath, and try again.

Please let us know how it goes.

dfromspencer responded:
Thank you, for coming back, and letting us know of your "Little Success"!!! This is so awesome!!! I am just soooo happy for you!!! I had to get up, and dance a little jig. You're post has done me a world of good!!! Thank you, soooo much!!!

I hope you do get this job! But more than that, I hope you like it enough to stick with it!!! Oh, this is so exciting!!!!

Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.