Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Ex Girlfriend want to be friends
ice1639 posted:
Ex Girlfriend of 8 years broke up 4 months ago. I'm still in love with her. Since then we spent ever week together. Two months ago a guy she had a crush on showed interest in her. Now that there are a couple she wants to be my best friend. She knows how I feel. I told her I can not see her anymore cause she has a boyfriend now. She got upset with me. We also have a dog together that we exchange every week. Does she still love me or not? Should I wait around or move on? Also we had sex two weeks before they became exclusive.

dfromspencer responded:
Wow, you were together for 8yrs., and you never asked her to marry you? My first thought was that she doesn't want to wait around for you to grow up? Eight years?

So she knows how you feel? So what? Is that supposed to make her come crawling back to you? Sorry dude, but if you ask me, I think you blew it, here?

So you had sex two weeks befor she hooked up with this old flame, so? Maybe she was just horny, and needed some relief? Having sex with you means nothing.

Does she still love you? Maybe, but she is with another man, now. And should you wait around, dude, you already waited too long! Move on, find another woman that will wait for eight years.

Good luck with that!!!

Dennis

P.S. If it sounds like i'm coming on too strong, well, its because I am completely flaberghasted that you could think a woman wants to wait forever to be asked to wed!!!
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

ice1639 responded:
Thank your for your advice. We are 25 yrs old right now. I felt that I was too young to as for her hand over the years. Totally willing to marry

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.