Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
Update, for Dr. Becker-Phelps
dfromspencer posted:
Hi Dr. Leslie

I went to my doctor appointment this morn. Went through all the usual stuff. Then, I asked my doctor if she could make that therapist appointment for me? She told me she could get me a new one, and that my old one was having some family problems. I asked how long he would be away, she isn't sure, maybe a couple more weeks? I told her I would wait.

I want my old one. He is very good, plus he is an Native American, and has special ways of helping. I really like him, he made me feel like family. There isn't anything I can't tell him. He is so laid back, he makes you feel safe, you know? When I talk to him, its like I feel I want to open up to him. I don't understand his magic, but it works.

I should get a call as soon as he returns. I had better, I need to talk to him!!! A.S.A.P.!!! Until then, I will have to rely on you, and the community members.

With that, I bid you all a good weekend!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
I'm glad to hear you followed up on this. I hope your therapist returns soon.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Same thing here
My boyfriend use to hold me as we slept, now it is i have to hold him or he wants to hold hands. The intamcy is not like it use to be and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.