Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
i think i hate my life, my wife and mizerabal
boredwithlife13 posted:
have to have someone to talk to. My wife of 20 something years is suck a bore. she never wants to have sex, never wants to do different things, never tries to do anything she want even talk to me. she hardly ever even gives me a glance. i can be naked right in front of her and she dont notice. she dont cook, wonts me to clean and cook or just fend for my slef. i ask her anything and she shake her shoulder and says whatever, i think i could die and she wouldnt notice excoet when her cloths need washing, she never smiles, only wants sex in bed boring! ive talked, yes i have talked to her, i try to tell her what i need. i am to the point that i feel lik iam diying a slow death- i think i hate her

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
It's possible that she feels disconnected from you, just as you feel disconnected from her. Sometimes the way to open people up is to ask about them. So, you might find it helpful to ask her questions, such as: how she is feeling, what makes her happy, what she likes about your relationship, what she would like to change in your relationship, and what you can do to make her happy.

If she continues to seem 'checked out' in all aspects of life, she might be suffering from depression. In this case, you might want to share your concern for her and suggest that she see a therapist to assess her for depression and get her treatment - this might make you both happier in the end.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

How to choose a therapistExpert
Choosing a therapist is an important decision because entering therapy is a big investment; it takes energy, time, and money. So, take the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.