Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
    Includes Expert Content
    i think i hate my life, my wife and mizerabal
    boredwithlife13 posted:
    have to have someone to talk to. My wife of 20 something years is suck a bore. she never wants to have sex, never wants to do different things, never tries to do anything she want even talk to me. she hardly ever even gives me a glance. i can be naked right in front of her and she dont notice. she dont cook, wonts me to clean and cook or just fend for my slef. i ask her anything and she shake her shoulder and says whatever, i think i could die and she wouldnt notice excoet when her cloths need washing, she never smiles, only wants sex in bed boring! ive talked, yes i have talked to her, i try to tell her what i need. i am to the point that i feel lik iam diying a slow death- i think i hate her
    Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
    It's possible that she feels disconnected from you, just as you feel disconnected from her. Sometimes the way to open people up is to ask about them. So, you might find it helpful to ask her questions, such as: how she is feeling, what makes her happy, what she likes about your relationship, what she would like to change in your relationship, and what you can do to make her happy.

    If she continues to seem 'checked out' in all aspects of life, she might be suffering from depression. In this case, you might want to share your concern for her and suggest that she see a therapist to assess her for depression and get her treatment - this might make you both happier in the end.

    Featuring Experts

    Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

    Helpful Tips

    Same thing here
    My boyfriend use to hold me as we slept, now it is i have to hold him or he wants to hold hands. The intamcy is not like it use to be and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 3 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.