Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
My Story: Battle with Dermatitis
JonathanS posted:
First of all I want to say 'Hello' to all of you here. This is my first thread, so I might as well introduce myself. My name is Jonathan and I am 26 years old. This is my story about my struggle with dermatitis.
[br>The first encounter with dermatitis and dandruff was when I was 15 years old (puberty) and I didn't give it much attention. Anyways after three years of constant progress first I changed my shampoo (took the one for babies) and it didn't help. Actually not only it didn't help, but it made things even worse! After I noticed that condition on my face and when it really started to hurt I decided to finally visit dermatologist (since then I just thought it was a normal dandruff condition and that it would cure as I change my shampoo). Anyways, the diagnosis was "seborrheic derematitis". I didn't know what it was and my dermatologist prescribed me a shampoo on ketoconazole basis and come corticosteroid cream. It helped! My skin was clear and my scalp was amazingly dry. After some time the seborrheic dermatitis returned but I could keep it under control. It lasted like that until the winter two years ago.[br>[br>I noticed in November two years ago that something is different: shampoo doesn't have the same effect like before and I can't risk the over-usage of corticosteroid cream, since side effects could be horrible. Nothing my dermatologist have prescribed didn't work! I was desperate but didn't lose hope. So I started surfing the internet in order to see other people experiences and to try some alternative remedy. I have learned that everything depends on the level of your stress, your daily diet, how much you sleep and basically everything. It all comes out on your skin! So I have changed my daily habits. I have changed my meals. I was taking more cooked food, and less fried one. I slept more and tried whenever I can to avoid any kind of stress. Also I put more chicken meat and more vegetables into my diet, and less "red meat". I completely changed 95% of my life habits and waited to see if there was any changed. I waited for 2-3 weeks, and changes were some or none.. and their progress was very slow, so I surfed more on the internet until one day I come to this website:http://feelgoodtime.net/how-to-get-rid-of-dandruff/ (I am not associated with FeelGoodTime.net by any means!).

There I found many interesting tips, and some did work some didn't, but the one which worked most for me was the "Bay leaf, vinegar and yogurt" combination. Also, I bought Nizoral, a shampoo on ketoconazole basis (the previous one I used was Oronazol). It finally helped! Now occasionally I clean my face with "Bay leaf, vinegar and yogurt" and use Nizoral and I don't have anymore problems with seborrheic dermatitis. Also, I put lemon on my face. It hurts sometimes, but it cleanses skin amazingly! So, health life style + alternative remedy + Nizoral is the perfect combo for me. I didn't cure it 100% (don't think it is 100% curable, since it is , but this it's kept under control.[br>[br>This is my story, my struggle with dermatitis and the way I managed to keep it under control. I hope it will help someone. Good luck and don't ever lose faith..., it can be tough sometimes, but keep hoping and fighting!

Does anyone else have problem with this? I hope my story might help someone! Good luck!

dfromspencer responded:
Hi Jon,

I think you meant to post on another page? This one is all about Relationships, not dandruff, or dermatitis. Sorry to be the one to tell you!

Good luck!!!
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.