Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
just wanted to say hi
den51 posted:
just dropping in to say that i was thinking of you. i really dont havw alot to say

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
Hi! You are always welcome to drop in and say hi. If you want, you can tell us how you are doing or what you've been up to. If not, that's ok, too. I do hope you are on a positive track in your life.

den51 replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
thank you so much. i am hanging in,

dfromspencer replied to den51's response:
Hiya Den51,

Hows tricks??? J.K.!!! I hope you have been keeping up with the self talk, it seems as if you have? You came here and said Hi to everyone, didn't you? That is sooooooo awesome!!! I would like to say Hi right back atcha!!!!

I hope you are getting out more? Its summer, you know? I go for a walk just about every day. Say hi to everyone I meet. Walk a little way with them, just to have a short conversation.

I do hope you are well, and having as much fun this summer, as is possible?! You come back any time you like, we all like you!!!!

Take care, talk to you later!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

den51 replied to dfromspencer's response:

den51 replied to den51's response:
6 there is a POST ABOVE THIS. I REALLY DO WORK HARD AT TRYING TO BE STRONG. BUT THERE IS 44 YEARS OF DAMAGE TO UNDO IT DOES NOT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT . HOW DO ALLOW MYSELF TO MOVE ON? PEOPLE NEVER LET ME FORGET THE THINGS I DO IN THE PAST> I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH IN THE PAST TWENTY FIVE YEARS. I HAVE PUT MYSELF IN REMISSION FOR 27. I KNOW THat i am strong. but i still hurt

Hi Den,

YES, YOU ARE VERY STRONG!!! You have every right to hurt! You also have every right to be happy! You have every right to be free! You have every right to release yourself from the past! You have every right to move forward!!!

MOST OF ALL, YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE!!! NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU!!!

FORGIVE YOURSELF, THEN FORGIVE THE OTHERS, THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO!!!

LOVE YOURSELF, AND OTHERS WILL LOVE YOU, TOO!!!

Take care, my friend!!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

den51 replied to dfromspencer's response:
thank you so much Dennis your advice has meant so much/ and i have heard you loud and clear, forgiving is easy. forgetting is like walking in to a break wall for me, i just pretend like it not there. i really needed to tell you to tell you that your advice means alot. have a good weekend

Hi Den51

Hope you had a wonderful weekend, yourself!? I enjoyed spending time with my brother this weekend, because Monday morning, he goes under the knife. He has a mass on his adrenal glands, and they have to be removed, its very delicate surgery, one slip of the knife, and he could bleed to death.

He is going to the Mayo clinic/hospital, tho, so, he will be in god hands! Oh, i'll still be worrying about him till I hear something!!! His fianc? promised to text me, the minute she hears he is ok. She better, I don't want to sit around worrying forever!

Yep, you got that right, forgiving is easy, forgetting, well, forget about it!!! No one ever really forgets, unless they have Alshiemers? Or perhaps they are brain dead? LOL!!! Sometimes, I wish there were ways to forget, like flipping a switch on those nasty things we would rather forget, and away they would go. Life would be so grand, eh?

You sound a little better? You better be!!! I've been sending you all the extra strength I could muster. I hope its helping? Being depressed really sucks!!! I hate it, and never want to let that down feeling back in, you know? I love feeling so alive, again!!! No smoking, still exercising my buns off, walking further each day, meeting more and more people, its sooooo awesome!!! You really have to join me, you know??? I guarantee you will feel much better, about yourself, and other's, also!!! Start with walking. Then, get into some type of exercise program. There has to be something nearby, right? Please do, but do it for yourself, not me, or anyone else, ok???

Hey, gotta go for now. I hope to hear from you real soon, cool? For now, you take good care of yourself!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dfromspencer's response:
Den51: Dennis is offering some solid advice in suggesting that you exercise. And walking is a great way to start. You might find it helpful to just put your shoes on and walk even if you don't feel like it. If you are still not up to doing it after getting started, then you can stop. Even five minutes of walking - and making that effort, is better than nothing. It can get you started in thinking about and beginning a routine of exercise. You might also find it helpful to report back here - to get support from your efforts here.

And, Dennis, I saw from another post that your brother came through the surgery well. I hope he continues to do well.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.