Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
happy and nervous
chrissyzajac posted:
to catch you up on my life currently ill tell a short story. my ex and i had a baby together and he was emotionally abusive to me and never paid any attention to his daughter. never fed, bathed, changed, played or put her to bed. now that the govt forced him to pay child support he cares now but not enough to visit her or ask how shes doing but cuz im not a mean person i do send him pics of her quite often. my baby girl is now 3 and ive been away from her "sperm donor- what i call the biological father" for 2 years now. about a month ago i ran into an old friend that had a crush on me for years. he stole my heart and treated my daughter like his own from the first day. i am in love with this guy. he is perfect in almost every way. ever since the first date the running joke is about us getting married. we both feel like we were ment to be together forever. hes going to talk to a recruiter about going back into the army (he had an honorable discharge a few years ago due to family issues). i asked him since weve only been together for a month and if you decide to go back in what does that mean for my daughter and i. his response is " i refuse to lose you and your daughter, i will put a ring on your finger before i go" this makes me excited and nervous and scared all at the same time. i know it seems early to be thinking about this but i have known him for a long time. any comments, issues, and concerns please leave. id love feedback

dfromspencer responded:
What is his reason for re-enlisting in the Army? Is it so he has a job, or for another reason?

I know jobs are hard to find, but what if he is sent over seas? Think before you make any commitments!

Good luck!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

chrissyzajac replied to dfromspencer's response:
hey dennis- he says his reason for re-enlisting is so he can support me and my daughter. he says he wants better for us and says hes been looking into going back anyways and that we just made him want to

dfromspencer replied to chrissyzajac's response:
Well, that's cool, I guess? How do you feel about this? This has to be a two person agreement, you know? This includes you, your future, and your happiness, you see what I mean? He can't be the only one to decide this, you both have to agree!

You do want this relationship to be a partnership, right?

Just sayin......

Good luck to all of you!!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

sluggo45692 responded:
I'm glad you have found someone who is willing to care for you and your child. I seen you stated you knew him from before and he had a crush on you. That always helps. If you have never been a dependent of an active duty person, here's some pointers. He will not be home every night on time. He will be gone a lot. You have to support him in every way possible. His job is number one, but don't ever think your number 2. It will help you and him if you don't let him forget that. I married my ex wife while I was in the Navy. Her daughter was 1.5 year at the time and I truly love being a dad. The military life is a lot different than what people expect. It's very hard on family. The support system can be really good or really poor. It's what you make of it. BUT make sure this is what you want and what he wants. I was on my last ship for 14 months, I seen my family 3 months the entire time onboard. My brother got sent to Korea for 14 months without his wife and 4 kids. He was Army. I wish you luck in what ever you do. Good Luck

chrissyzajac replied to dfromspencer's response:
dennis- yes i do want to be with him.
sluggo- thank you. yes i know it will be a huge difference than what ive ever encountered but im willing to make it work for him.

dfromspencer replied to chrissyzajac's response:
I hope you mean that, cause what Sluggo said, is ohhh sooo true!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.