Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
My brother, and me.
dfromspencer posted:
Hi all, I have been busy for the last few days, but i'm back now. Hope all is well?

My brother has hemochromatosis, and had a mass on his adrenal gland. The surgery was tricky, and he could have died on the operating table. He/we were lucky, and he made it through just fine! He is now at home recovering. I went up there and spent some time with him.

He has to walk so far every day. So many times, each day. And then gradually increase the distance each day/week. He is not happy to be missing work, but fully realizes he needs to recouperate before going back. After he recovers fully, he is scheduled for other things. He will be very busy for quite a while.

I was hoping that everyone here, would join together, and send him good vibes? I am positive it will help him! I walked with him several times, and I can tell he is in much pain. He is committed to his recovery, which is a good thing! I am, also! I will go up to his house as much as I can, and help him with what ever I can!

Please keep him in mind. Send him good vibes. I thank you, from the bottom of my heart!!!

I am still smoke free, and exercising as much as possible. I feel better than I have in a very long time. I am even sleeping better! Just wanted to let everyone in on whats happening in my life right now!

I want everyone to know that, I am thinking about all of you, also!!!

Take care, all!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

fcl responded:
Hi Dennis, I'm very happy to hear that your brother's surgery was successful. Consider my vibes sent!
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

darlyn05 responded:
Hey Dennis! I'm so happy to read that both you and your brother are doing well. Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way.

den51 replied to darlyn05's response:
hey Dennis , really glad your brother is getting better, you deserve all the happiness you are getting

dfromspencer replied to fcl's response:
Thank you, FCL!!!

I hope you are doing as well as can be?

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

dfromspencer replied to darlyn05's response:
Thank you, Darlyn

Ok, that sounds strange? Almost like "Thank you, Darling"? LOL!!!

You be well, Darlyn

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

dfromspencer responded:
Just an update.

Brother is doing much better, walking farther, and in less pain, now!

To us, that is very good news!!!

Thanks to all well wishers, your vibes worked!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn replied to dfromspencer's response:
Wonderful! I'm glad to hear your brother is making such progress. Best wishes for his continued recovery.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dfromspencer's response:
Wonderful news!! Thanks for sharing it.

dfromspencer replied to dfromspencer's response:
More good news! My brother has been back to work for a week or so, now, and is doing great! His only complaint, he doesn't like the feel of his shirt against his incisions! LOL!!!

Again, thanks to all the well wisher's!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dfromspencer's response:
Glad to hear it!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.