Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Dating after 25 years of marriage
Rcsupercola posted:
If there has been no sex after a month of dating you can times that by 10 after you marry her. At 41 she should be climbing all over you unless she is getting it from somewhere else. Did you meet her on a dating site? Maybe she is seeing others. Be sure to use protection for both of you and assure her that you will. If she doesn't put out. Get out...how often do you think a 41 year old female wants sex. There is not that much difference in your age.

1nt3rnalc0mbu5t1on responded:
Cola,

I wont lie man, as a male im actualy offended. I havent been keeping up on the initial post, but after a month of dating. You might be able to go out 3 times in a month for two adults who work full time. And honestly if you are sleeping with her after the first couple of dates, the relationship is probably not going to last. But I have a feeeling you know that, given you seem to be an expert in hit it and quit it.

And if im coming out of a 25 year marriage and i start "dating" someone, she better damn well be open to me about seeing other people or casually dating. Because if we start to get intimate, you best believe I will be the only one "hitting" that.

I dont know, maybe it is more of a respect thing? Respect for yourself, that you can keep it in your pants long enough to get to know someone before you get intimate. Odds are if things are going well enough during that first month of dating, opportunities will present themselves. And if your freshly divorced i know you will have "needs". But after being with one woman for 25 years, you might be a little gunshy as well, so its about respect for the female to. If you explain to her that you do like/care about her but you dont want to rush into anything because you dont want to ruin a good thing. they will probably understand.

IC

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.