Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
90 day chip, for smoking cessation!!!
dfromspencer posted:
Ok, ok so I'm a little early, but just in case I forget, I will post this today!!! The actual day I quit was the 29th of April. Since i'm the forgetful type, plus all the meds I take don't help, I figured I had better post it while i'm thinking about it?!

90 days, seems like forever, but when you think about it, its only a drop in the bucket?! Oh, but I am feeling so much better! I started a workout program three days prior to quitting smoking. Exercise has kept me from relapsing, and of course the walking, too!!! In fact, just the other day, I found an Ab Circle Pro at the local Goodwill. $20 seemed an awful high price, but I wanted it badly, so I got it. It certainly seems to work, after using it, I can feel my abs a lot more now, than before!

I plan to stay smoke free for the rest of my life, and to exercise, also! If for any reason I feel weak, I will come here first, and ask you guys for help?!! I know I can always count on help here!!!

That's it for now. Thanks to all of you, for helping me!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

tmlmtlrl responded:
Hi Dennis, Congratulations! It is something to be celebrated!

I am now 4 yrs smoke free. This is the first time I went that long and the first time that it really feels like forever! People meet me now and are surprised I was ever a smoker whereas before that was part of my identity.

Also congrats on the working out. I know it's hard sometimes to follow thru but it's always so worth it! And $20 for that Ab Circle Pro was an awesome deal. Those things are like $150 new! I've always one but can't spend that much on one, so consider yourself lucky on that find!

rohvannyn responded:
I'm happy for you! It's a major victory. People act like quitting smoking is impossible, yet you both did it. So did my DSpouse, and it's been about a year and a half for her now. I never thought she'd quit. Know what did it for her? Getting enough chicken and fresh vegetables, and she says getting off grain helped her too. Getting proper nutrition really helped with the cravings.

You did an awesome thing, keep it up!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

sluggo45692 responded:
Congrats. Your doing it right. You found a good sub for the smokes. Isn't it suprising how much better food smells and taste. There are 2 sneaky things that make smoking quitting harder. Alcohol and coffee. Be on the look out. Coffee will kick off cravings and alcohol will drop you guard. I would go 3 months at a time and not smoke in 1984, then my buddies would go to the enlisted club and I'd start smoking again. Had to have a smoke with my beer.

Just think of the money your saving with not smoking. You can afford a splurge on something you want. Good Luck

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
Excellent!! It's great that you have remained committed to quitting, are proud of having quit, and are using this community to support you. And, of course, being disciplined about exercising is great for helping you stop smoking, remain in positive spirits, and stay healthy. All of these things bode well for you remaining on a good path. Keep it up!!

dfromspencer responded:
Instead of clicking on each one of your posts to answer, I am going to post it all once here, hope that's ok?

Tml, Roh, Sluggo, and of course, you Dr. Leslie, I want to thank all of you for the support!!! It means everything to me! Without my friends and support here, where would I be?

Honestly, it was all of you, that convinced me that I could do any thing I wanted to! So I did! I can't say it was the easiest thing I have ever done, but it sure wasn't the hardest! Having this much support, made it a lot easier for me, thank you!!!

No matter what problems I may face, I know one thing is for sure, my friends here have my back!!! I hope you all know this by now, I will always have yours!!! This is one of the best site's I have ever found! The amazing people that come here, looking for help, or to give help, truly are a gift!!! And of course, the ones that actually work here, sorta, like Dr. Leslie Becker-Phelps, without her help, where would I be? I hate to even think about that, so I won't! I would rather think good thoughts, positive thoughts from now on!!!

I have to get stretched out for my walk, now, so I will have to go. Again, I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart!!!

Have a wonderful, happy day, my friends!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dfromspencer's response:
Being there for each other is what this community is all about. I'm glad it's working for you and hope others feel similarly.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.