Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Married guy posed as single
An_253093 posted:
What would you do if you found out the guy you were with is married? I found out on my own when he started acting flaky/blowing me off for no reason. I told him so I figure he is now avoiding speaking to me eventhough he said he would. He is obviously a liar and a good one. I certainly don't want someone like that and know it is pointless but I am very hurt and upset that he gets to drop it like nothing occurred.

dfromspencer responded:
I am sorry for the way he cheated you! No man with any honor, would ever do that! He is just a little boy playacting at being a man!

Take this as a lesson learned. And next time, do a little background checking first. Ask around if anyone knows him, or have him get some friends around on one date, then you can find out if he is single like he professed?! I once had a girl who followed me home, just to know for sure, and I did not mind at all, cause I was not married like I told her I was not!!!

Do some checking next time, and save yourself some grief.

Good luck!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn responded:
I can totally understand your hurt. I would be upset too! This "man" treated you like an object, with absolutely no respect or regard regard for his wife or for you, and it seems like he is going to get away with it. If you ever have a chance to speak to him, please tell him plainly and calmly that you don't appreciate people lying to you, you don't like how he treated you, and that he should be ashamed of himself for acting the way he did. Then forget him and don't talk to him ever again.

It obviously wasn't an open marriage because people who are in those communicate both to existing and new partners about the situation. This guy is a slime.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

salut00 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Correct. It would be different if he was honest and it was an open marriage but he lied to get some action. It's just like college boys do but he is in his 30s like me. I looked for any lines a ring would give and their were none. I don't want to let him get away with this and just letting go isn't working. He is ignoring me which makes it worse and makes me want to all the more out him especially since I was not a willing participant.

rohvannyn replied to salut00's response:
Do you have a way of at least letting his wife know?
Roh

I have figured out a way that would leave me anonymous. I just want to make sure what info I want to include so she knows it's not made up.

dfromspencer replied to salut00's response:
Include any identifying marks, or tattoos that can only be seen if he was unclothed, you understand? His wife would HAVE to believe you then, right?

Again, I am sorry for my male counterparts actions! If he was my friend, or someone I knew, I would help you bust him! Married men need to act like married MEN, and not little boys!!!

I wish you luck, and success!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

salut00 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Thank you. He doesn't really have identifiable marks but I have correspondence and pictures that I can copy. I don't want to hear back from her and I'm afraid though that he will contact me to be nasty or show up somewhere then. If it was someone with just another girlfriend I would tell him off then that be it but this is soo much worse...

I know this may not work in your situation, but how about talking to the wife openly, woman to woman, from the standpoint of "look, if my husband were doing this, I would want the other woman to tell me." She probably won't be angry with you and if you come at it the right way you will be able to convince her far better than any anonymous source. Make it clear that you do NOT want him.

Then if he threatens you in ANY way, get a restraining order. It's not hard. It's just scary for some people to do. She has the right to know about her husband's misdeeds from a credible source, he has the right to learn from his mistakes, and you have the right to be safe.
Roh

An_253093 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Well I was going to send her a message telling her how I met him, I did not know and am disgusted by his actions and in no way want him as I do not want a married man, liar and cheater and she can do whatever she wants with the information but she should know and that I agonized over letting her know because I obviously do not know him well enough and I don't want him contacting me in anyway period. I have many emails between him and I that I was going to include without my name ofcourse

rohvannyn replied to An_253093's response:
Well, I suppose that would work. At least it would get the message to her, so that's good. I'm sure she already suspects. Best of luck with that.

On a similar note, I have noticed with sadness how many people in the US (including myself, unfortunately) seem terrified of being direct about things. Gone are the days, it seems, when we could speak person to person and just speak our mind, neither overstating, or understating.
Roh

I hear ya. People are crazy and I've had women send me messages and such to stay away from their men but I wasn't even involved with their boyfriends. I tried a face-to-face once. The guy was seeing me and another woman. She just went ballistic on me saying how she was going to call the cops for harassment. My family is really scared the guy might show up somewhere though me but i don't want to live my life being afraid to say anything when someone wrongs me.

Wow! In a sane world, she would have been grateful. I hope things get better for you.
Roh

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.