Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I need to lower sex drive
HazyGirl posted:
is there an easy way to lower sex drive?

I have always had a very high sex drive, more so than my partners. I have been married now for 1 year and its really beginning to cause problems in my relationship. My hubby has a low sex drive. I would be happy to have sex everyday, and then some and he is happy with once or twice a month. It just seems if I could lower mine as well, it would be very helpful.

helpfulmind responded:
What are your ages?

Maema responded:
In my opinion, your husband needs to step up his game rather than you dumbing down yours. I too have a high drive and was fortunate enough to marry somone on equal footing. Took a while to find the right person but I preservered until the right one came along. Contrary to popular belief high drive does not equate to will do anything for. We are open and honest and communicate about everything. There are times when either one of us may not be on the same wave lenghth but we are always open for the challenge therefore we have a wonderful sex life. Has your husand always had a low drive even before marriage? Perhaps he should see his doctor to rule out any problems he may have. Open communication is the key to everything and you need to make it clear what your expectations are without feelin shameful or like something's wrong with you; there is absolutely nothing wrong. I'm sure you were aware of this before your got married and like most of us thought it would not cause may problems in marriage and figure he'd step up to the plate. First step is medical examiniation. Next step is counseling perhaps with sex therapist. After that, you can go in the direction necessary.

dfromspencer responded:
I have to agree with Maema!!! Everything she said, is spot on!!!

Good luck!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.