Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I need to lower sex drive
HazyGirl posted:
is there an easy way to lower sex drive?

I have always had a very high sex drive, more so than my partners. I have been married now for 1 year and its really beginning to cause problems in my relationship. My hubby has a low sex drive. I would be happy to have sex everyday, and then some and he is happy with once or twice a month. It just seems if I could lower mine as well, it would be very helpful.

rohvannyn responded:
It can be really tough to synch up mismatched sex drives. Don't try to cheat yourself out of your normal sex drive just for somebody else. First, that low a sex drive could indicate a medial problem, so check that out, making sure he knows it's because you want him to be healthy and happy. Second, masturbate every day. You will still want to be close with him but that way you won't have so much unfulfilled desire causing resentment and upset on both your parts.

Think about this like food. What would you do if you had a high metabolism and lived an active life, and needed to eat often, and your partner had a very low metabolism and ate maybe one meal a day? You'd talk about it and it would be understood that you have different physical needs, right? And if it turned out that he had a thyroid problem, say, you'd get it fixed, right? You wouldn't try to slow down your metabolism to match his. Same thing here.

Make sure your needs are met, make sure his needs are met, and try to find a way to meet in the middle.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Trust
Was this Helpful?
0 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.