Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Facing Relationship Doubts Together
Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD posted:
Facing Relationship Doubts Together

Everyone in a long-term relationship at least sometimes questions their pick of partner. At those times, it can be difficult to know how to proceed. You might want to hide your feelings so that you don't hurt your partner's feelings. Then again, if your partner is your best friend, you might want to share your struggles. So, what should you do?

I usually recommend being honest with yourself and your partner, as the two of you work together to address the problem.

If you have been in this situation, what have you done to address it? How did it work out for you?

If you would like to read more in detail about this topic in my The Art of Relationships blog, click here .

Dr. Becker-Phelps's discussions and her responses in those discussions are for general educational purposes only. If you need help for an emotional or behavioral problem, please seek the assistance of a psychologist or other qualified mental health professional.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.