Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
    On-line Counseling Sessions?
    YClouds posted:
    Hi, it would be great if someone could recommend a good/reliable counselor/psychotherapist who would meet clients on line? We live overseas due to my husband's assignment and I really need to talk to a professional about my marriage issues such as no sex life (5 times in 6 years of marriage) and verbal abuse.

    Thank you very much!
    fcl responded:
    This is just a suggestion but ... a number of us live in other countries. If you can tell us where you are we might be able to point you in the right direction to finding a therapist where you live.
    There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.
    Anon_596 responded:
    It is against the Terms and Conditions of WebMd for anyone to mention a specific Dr, Hospital, clinic and the such. We can off 'our own' experiences in general and that's about it.

    As FCL mentioned, if we knew where, we might be able to give you suggestions as to how you can go about it for your search.
    dfromspencer responded:
    You said "Due to his assignment", I take it you are married to a serviceman??? If so, you may want to talk to an Officer that could tell you where to find an Inservice Psychologist? Just go to the nearest post that has Medical services! They will steer you in the right direction!

    Good luck, I hope you get the help you need!!! 5 times in 6 years? Yes, you do indeed need help!!!


    Featuring Experts

    Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

    Helpful Tips

    How to choose a therapistExpert
    Choosing a therapist is an important decision because entering therapy is a big investment; it takes energy, time, and money. So, take the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    16 of 26 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.