Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Manga Art, and Roh
dfromspencer posted:
Hi Roh

Well, I did what I said I would, and that is looking up what your ART is! This Manga style of art is pretty awesome looking! I know people that do this sort of work/art. I watched them shade with in pens, or pencils, even chalk, it is simply amazing looking art!!!

I hope this is something you can do for as long as you possibly can! This is one of those personal arts, something only you can do! Unless, of course, your spouse is handy with a pen? LOL!!!

Thank you for sharing your special gift with me, I am truly grateful!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn responded:
Pretty great, isn't it? I am trying for the more realistic style. Before I had been doing things more in the life drawing, watercolor, acrylic, pencil, painting kind of things. This is new for me because of the fine line work and the precision. Unlike cartoons, manga is meant for everyone... Ghost in the Shell is my personal favorite. Learning a new skill used to always give me a lift, it's nice to have that feeling back again instead of just feelings of inadequacy.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

dfromspencer replied to rohvannyn's response:
I'm glad you like it! The site I visited said there was like 20 different styles of Manga art, is this true? I tried to read the tiny boxes, but they were too small!

I don't believe for one second that, YOU are inadequate in any way?! You may need a little tweaking, like we all do? But inadequate? Hell no!!! Nice try! LOL!!!

Hmmm, can someone actually be inadequate? Now you got me thinking, thanks a lot Roh!!! I was hoping to get past new years day without thinking? LOL!!!

Happy Holidays, Roh!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn replied to dfromspencer's response:
Eh, our minds do funny things to us. Regarding my occasional feelings of inadequacy, that is.

Yes, it's true there are about twenty different styles of manga/anime. I can't recall the Japanese name for the style I want to emulate but it's the style they use for adult sci fi action adventure stuff. I really like it because the storylines are so complex and interesting. And the art is usually so awesome!

Sorry for making you think, ha ha! It is a good question though. I guess someone could feel inadequate if they knew they were capable of something but chose not to do that thing for whatever reason, or if they really want to do something but don't have the skills or ability to do it. I have sometimes felt really inadequate, for example when a loved one needs a medical procedure and I can't make enough money to provide it to them.

Happy Holidays to you too!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

dfromspencer replied to rohvannyn's response:
Wow, I didn't see this till today? Sorry bout that!

Yes, I know the style you refer to! I love science fiction!!!!!! I have loved it all my life, no, I won't say how long that has been! LOL!!! Suffice to say, a long time! Ray Bradbury got me started, that might date me, but he is a lot older than I, just wanted you to know that! LOL!!! There must have been thousands of books I have read in Sci-fy? And movies? You should see my collection! I don't have the Blu-ray yet, but yesterday afternoon, I watched Stranded, with Christian Slater in it. Pretty good sci-fy flick! Have you watched it, yet? I got it off of Netflix. I have an account with them, self renewing so I never miss my sci-fy, oh yea!!!

Yes, unfortunately, we have all suffered from feelings of inadequacy! I have, I can assure you! Back in the day, I tried to date a couple of cheer leaders, they just shined me on. THAT, made me feel very inadequate, I can tell you! Yes, I know how you feel, I have felt it, I suppose we all feel it at one or two times in our lives? Terrible feeling, I can say for sure!

Well, I need to go over to another site, so I will see you later!

I wish you all the luck, Roh!!! Happy New Year!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.