Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY!!!
dfromspencer posted:
Hi everyone!!!

I hope you are all having a great Presidents day?! I am, just sitting here typing to each, and everyone of you!

So, how did everyone spend their weekend???

I went to my brothers house for movie night, Saturday! I came back home late Sunday, and now, here I am! Monday morning, and nothing to do?! I think its time to o a little early Spring Cleaning??? Turn on the stereo, play a little something, and get busy!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, I cannot wait to see everyone come Tuesday?!!! ENJOY!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bigred53 responded:
Good morning! I've been lazy the last two days and it really felt great. I rarely let myself lay around and do nothing. I've got to get up and get going pretty soon. I have a sick car and need to take him to the doctor (shop)...lol. Sometimes I wish I had a horse. ..lol. Then I'll have my son take me to my sister's to do laundry. Oh joy and gladness. I'm happy I don't have to go to a laundromat. That would suck. I've got to get some stuff out of my car too.

Then I'm going to take some old gold jewellery in and see how much $$ I can get for it. Anything will help as things are kind of tight this month. I'm expecting some back pay but it sure is taking forever it seems.

While at my sister's I've got to work on the baby blanket I started crocheting for my new great niece, Holland. I sure wish she wasn't in Utah. I'm thankful for cell phones and being able to get pictures of her.

Well that's my exciting holiday weekend so far...lol. It is nice to be away from work and all the drama there and not having to use my own time. I should have been doing some spring cleaning myself. Maybe when I retire I'll turn into a clean freak....lol.

I just want to say thank you Dennis for being the kind and caring man you are. I look forward to more communication with you.

Take care and be safe everyone.

Michelle.

dfromspencer replied to bigred53's response:
Hi again, Michelle,

You are the only one who answered, thanks! I'm sorry about the back pay! One day, when you need it most, there it will be, hopefully, right? I know the feeling! Money is tight most every month, for me. But, I make it till the next month anyway.

Spring cleaning? I did that most all day Presidents day! And now, here I am again, loafing when I should be doing something? LOL!!! I think its time to wipe the cleaner out of the oven? Then, who knows???

Please take care, Michelle! Till next time, ease up on yourself. This was a long weekend, and a little laziness was called for!!! Later!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn responded:
Hey there Dennis. I did a little drawing this weekend, and folded some origami. Had a few disagreements and got really frustrated but I think I'm getting better at recovering and going back to a positive mindset. Got to keep on, and not give up. Had some major ups and downs but am trying to think about the future, adn what I want to become, and not get stuck in the past.

Yesterday was something of a breakthrough... was listening to spouse telling a story about a really stupid stunt that a former spouse had done in the past, and I realized that I'd engaged in similar behaviors. However, I caught that process starting! So I made a conscious effort to depersonalize, putting myself in her shoes instead, and reminding myself that even though I'd done similar things I had the choice not to now. I told her about this thought process and she was really happy and supportive. Now! The trick is to do that more and more often till it becomes habit.

I had part of the day off yesterday only because of a stomach bug, we don't do anything for President's day other than wish the mail was running.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, good job. You ARE making progress!! I know how difficult it can be to change our mind set and old habits.

For me I decided a long time ago that yesterday is dead and gone. If I did something wrong or hurtful all I can do is say I'm sorry and try to do better today and tomorrow. Whatever happened in the past needs to stay in the past. I know that can be a difficult thing to do. I know there are people out there who will never let go of something that I did or didn't do.

I have also learned that me being angry with someone only hurts me over time if I continue to hold on to that anger. I try to let it go and move on - not always easy but I know I will feel better if I let it go. I may never trust that person again but the anger is not as strong and eventually goes away.

Life is a lesson. Some of us learn quickly and some of us struggle all of our lives to understand ourselves and those around us. And, sometimes it's best not to question everything so much.

Just a couple of things that work for me.

Michelle

dfromspencer replied to rohvannyn's response:
Hi Roh,

THAT is the most FANTASTIC news!!! A breakthrough, yesss!!! And the spouse is so very supportive, that is also a blessing!!! All you have to do now is, keep on keeping on, right? Right!!!

This is a mind set to get into! I am so happy for you!!! Keep it up, and my counsel will no longer be needed, but I do hope we will always stay friends!!!

Thanks Roh, for letting us help you, and helping us, too! Now, get back to the spouse, and the origami! LOL!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn replied to dfromspencer's response:
You are right. Thanks Michelle, and Dennis. I need to keep this up. I also have to remember that I had successes when I am in the middle of failing, and remind myself that I can do better, and I will do better again. I'm still feeling okay but I want a little better preparedness for the slip-ups.

Meanwhile, I am indeed having fun with the origami and drawing, learning the joys of precision.
Roh

Hi Roh,

Precision, you mean like, a straight line? Better leave me out then, I can't draw a straight line with a ruler!!! LOL!!! No, REALLY!!! I totally suck at drawing, or art in any form! Not my talent, I guess? I guess my talent was doing the New York Time's crossword puzzle in ink, and depending on the puzzle, I could have them done, with out a mistake in, anywhere from ten to forty minutes! Once in a while, I had to stop to look something up in an encyclopedia, or dictionary, you know? That was a lot of fun! Now, I'm lucky to do a regular crossword puzzle in ink, and without a mistake? Before the jeep accident in Korea, I could do algebra in my head, now, I'm lucky to be able to add correctly in my head! Nope, the V.A. Refuses to service connect me! If they do, they are afraid they would have to give me back pay all the way back to 1980?! I never asked for that! Just a ten% connection so I can get my eye glasses through them, that's all I want!!!

Sorry, I digressed!!! I am so happy for you, and now that you have had this success, you can build upon it!!! That success will stay in your head, eventually only in your subconscious, and it will be automatic from then on! AWESOME!!!

Keep up with the art, one day, I want to see some of your works in art galleries!!! I will never be able to afford one, but I hope you remember me, and send me one for free??? Then I can brag to everyone how I know this famous artist?!!! Oh yea! And one day when I am hurting for money, I can take it to the Antiques Road Show, and they will tell me what its worth, and buy it off me for a few millions?!!! Yep, and now I have to wake back up, dang it, just when it was getting good!!! LOL!!! Seriously Roh, I have no idea what your art work looks like, but I know its good!!! I hope you do make it to the big time, that would be so cool!!!!!!!!!!

Well, later Gator, I have more to do!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Geez Dennis, I'm going to have to start carrying a sandwich board saying "Dennis is a great guy, give him a try for a fun date!"

Seriously, thouigh, I hope the VA gives you a little more. I think they at least owe you that much. It's a disgrace what the country is doing to the veterans.

As for precision, it's something that is somewhat new to me. I'm learning to use more in the way of careful inking, as well as drafting tools, in my art. That way the people and animals still look good but the buildings and technology do too. I had this problem were all my lines were wobbly because I would do everything freehand. But with guides, rulers, etc, things are much better. I'm learning to take joy in doing things RIGHT.
Roh

sluggo45692 responded:
Sorry Dennis,
Didn't see this til today.
It was a really busy weekend for me. I had to prepare for and then have a spaghetti dinner and auction for my Boy Scouts. We made over $4000.00 for the boys. Sunday was clean-up & rest day. Monday, my gf & I took her son back to college and made a day of it. Tuesday, Scout meeting and back to work. I get on this site at work to help pass the night away. I don't get on the computer much at home. Just to busy and I got to sleep sometime.

I see everyone had some good this weekend. Always take any good you can get, no matter how little.
Roh, good to see your broading your view.
Michelle, hug that good son. I'm proud of mine.
Dennis, keep the positive vibes coming. We all can use them.

Good Luck

Hi Roh,

Hey, thanks for volunteering, I have some extra boards in the back of my truck!!! LOL!!! Now, wouldn't that be a comical way to attract attention? Hey, wait a minute, that may not be a bad idea? What would you think if you saw a guy walking around town this way, advertising himself? Would you want to date, or, would you even approach someone like this? That's probably over the top, don't you think? LOL!!!

I remember some of the drafting tools? Especially that T-square! You could put that baby anywhere, and draw a straight line, weather you could or not! LOL!!! I think they also used a protractor thingy to draw circles with??? Pencil stuck in one end, pointy thingy on the other? It pulled apart so far, so you could make circles of different sizes. Yeah, I remember some? Good for you! Just don't forget to use freehand once in a while, so you don't lose that skill?! Some things just look better in freehand?! You are a talent, Roh!

Now remember, come pick up your sandwich board at your earliest possible convenience!!! I need all the help I can get!!! LOL!!! Take good care of yourself, Roh, and that special girl you have!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

dfromspencer replied to sluggo45692's response:
Hi Sluggo,

Hey, no problem! You were not the only one busy, my brother was extremely busy himself! $4000.oo??? WOW! Must have been a huge success? I love bake sales!!! Some people are such wonderful bakers, I wish I was as good?!!! I've gotten to be so-so in the baking dept.? I really love to cook, but baking? That runs a sloppy seconds. LOL!!! Well, I can say I've gotten good enough to not burn the cookies?! That's progress, right? LOL!!! Congratulations on the success!!! Are you a Scout leader? Scout Master? Or, just a volunteer??? Either way, that amount is a huge success, and you were in on it!!! Life can be rewarding at times!!!

It doesn't matter if you had time to write here, or missed doing something, the biggest thing is, making sure you had quality time with the loved ones!!! I don't know how far away the student is, but making a day of it, now that is what matters?!!! Quality time!!! Make every second you have together, quality time. There will be no regrets later on! You are sooooooooooo lucky, Sluggo! You found someone to share your life with, and you make the most of it, that is awesome!!!! Since you are overflowing with luck, could you send a little my way? LOL!!!

Take care, and love that lady! I will indeed keep sending out good vibes for as long as I can!!!

We have another weekend coming, I wish you all a great one!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Ha ha, I sure will! I finally got that site put up so you can see my stuff. I am still adding things and tweaking them, but there are at least things to look at. It'll be pretty active, so if you like it, keep coming back!

http://desertquest.webs.com/
Roh

sluggo45692 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Hey Dennis,

Scoutmaster for about 3 years now, and the big secret to baking is BAKERY. Let the pros do it. My aunt worked in a bakery for years, OMG. Talk about pies and cakes. I've cooked and food prepped for years. I'm not a chef, I'm a cook and will always be just cook. (not like Steven Segal) (LOL)

You and Michelle will find some one. Each of us have been down the marriage/relationship road before and now we know what we want in a partner. We're at the age of wisdom and comfort. Even without a steady gf, I was comfortable with my life and I was smart enough to know it. We take our pleasures and comforts seriously. We know the pain, now we appreciate the pleasures. You said I was lucky I found someone. I am, but I truly believe both of you will also.

Roh, I'll look at your site when I get home. My system is very restricted here. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Good Luck

Hi Roh,

Amazing!!! I didn't sign up, or anything, I will later. What I saw, blew me away!!! You understate your abilities!!! You are amazing!!! That shading, is awesome, to say the least?!!!

You need a bigger place than a web site, you need a gallery!!!

Someone is going to spy you out, and then, we will lose a very dear friend! I just hope you remember us little guys, when you become rich and famous? Who knows, you may need a pool boy, or something??? LOL!!!

You are going to be famous, Roh, I can feel it!!!

Thank you sooooooooo much for sharing that sight with me/us!!! You really are an amazing person!!! I think this phrase was coined in the 80's, well anyway; YOU GO GIRL!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.