Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Dating after 30
dfromspencer posted:
Hi again,

I recently caught a headline in a magazine, but did not get to read the article? I wonder if any of you have see it, or read it? And if you have, what is the magazines name?

If you have read it, or just have some thoughts on dating after thirty, please share them?! I may be over 50, but I have yet to see any articles on dating after 50? So please, give me your thoughts and feelings on dating after 30?

Any, and all answers will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you all, for helping me!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

bigred53 responded:
Hey Dennis! You could always try Googling "magazine article on dating after 30". It's worth a try. it might open up a whole world of possibilities.

Michelle

rohvannyn responded:
I heard on the radio the other day that dating later in life, and marrying later in life, is much more common. Even young people are deciding to commit later. It was mentioned that this can be a good thing, because you know yourself and have more patience and understanding. My own partner is 9 years older than me and I have found that to be rather useful at times. When I have done something inexperienced and derpy, she has been able to offer valuable perspective.

I have heard of people meeting their long lost love at 50, 60, and 70. I spoke to someone a few months ago, who had fallen in love in high school, married someone else in the meantime, stayed married for 40 years or more, then when the husband died the wife got back together with her high school sweetheart! It turns out that they had been living in the same town the whole time! They are both in their eighties and deliriously happpy.

Never give up hope.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

dfromspencer replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks Ladies!!!

I'll try the Google thing.

No Roh, I will never give up!
thank you!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

sluggo45692 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Young or old, we all need someone to connect with. I had a friend from the VFW. He serviced in the Korean conflict, where he left his H.S. sweetheart at home and lost her to another man. They met up again when he was 64 years old. They were married until he passed at 82. He said she was well worth waiting for.

Never give up. Hope and faith are our greatest weapons against loneliness and sadness. Keep hope and faith alive in your life and you will be fullfilled.

Good Luck

dfromspencer replied to sluggo45692's response:
Thanks Sluggo!!!

I just love happy endings, don't you? I know now I have to be patient. Love comes to all who wait, right? I keep hoping to find someone soon? But, if it takes me till I'm 64, then, so be it!

Patience is a virtue! Something I have been working on, thanks in part to Dr. Leslie, its working?! I used to be so impatient! I wanted what I wanted right now, not 15 minutes from now, RIGHT NOW!!! LOL!!! No longer! I am trying to be as calm and as patient as I can be!!!

Thanks again, Sluggo!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn responded:
Not the articles you were thinking of, I'm sure, but more detailed:

http://www.match.com/magazine/article/6019/

http://www.match.com/magazine/article/5425/Dating-At-20-30-40-50-And-60/
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

dfromspencer replied to rohvannyn's response:
Oh my, I'm so sorry Roh, I completely missed this?

I have read the second one, not the first, thank you for the links! One day, maybe, I will learn how to do that?

Thanks Roh!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Trust
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.