Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
site promoter?
eagleboy7678 posted:
Hello, I have been talking to a girl online for about a week or so. She seems very nice and says that she likes me. However she doesn't want to get to no me unless we are meeting in person because she believes that anyone can lie over the internet. I have meet her online and we swapped facebook info. She cant give me her number because she apparently lost it and she did say she lives in New York City. She doesn't want to meet until we see each other on a cam. and finally her internet connection she says is poor, and she keeps going on and off line when I ask her stuff. She says that she wants to be a site promoter for a cam model website. Does anyone know what that is? I would like to support her in her wants and needs, but does it cost money to "support" a site promoter while they are on the job? Basically does anyone know what a Site promoter for a cam model website does and what they are? Yes now I have written posts before on what happened between me and a certain fake cam model, but what is the difference between the two? I want to trust this person, but i am just not that certain. Can anyone help?

dfromspencer responded:
I have one suggestion, Google it???

Good luck!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

eagleboy7678 replied to dfromspencer's response:
I have tried that but it doesn't give me what a site promoter does for one of those sites.

sluggo45692 responded:
She's asking to visit her on a better site that cost you money. She says she lost her number and she lives in New York. What do you think? I afraid I smell a con job. Of course I'm paranoid.
Try to find someone close to you and who won't loss her own number. I don't want to promote any sites, but there are Plenty Of Fish out there. They are free to use and talk on. I know I've had good luck on them.

Good Luck

rohvannyn responded:
A site promoter is just somebody who goes around, online or in real life, and advertises for a website. They might post on forums for example. If her internet is that bad, I foresee a dismal future for her career.

You can't lose your own phone number. It's programmed into the phone itself so at the very least you could call a friend and have them write it down, or call yourself, or read your phone bill. That's BOGUS. Even if she's honest, if she's so dumb as to lose her own phone number, run.

Trust your gut.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Eagle get off the freaking computer and go out and meet some real women!!! Go out for coffee with your friends. Don't go to a bar unless you're into one night stands - not that that is a bad thing but it doesn't make for lasting relationships.

You're young. Take your time and get to know some young women before you hook up with just one. Like someone said go to the library. Look around and if you see a young woman sitting by herself to over and introduce yourself to her and ask if you can sit at her table. I know it's not easy to put yourself out there but you can't spend the rest of your life on your computer getting scammed and mistreated by these IMO skanks.

Or register on a legitimate dating site like eHarmony or Match.com. Join a gym. When I was young there were all kinds of 'town' baseball and basketball teams. Take a walk in the park. Smile at girls and say hello and move on. Someone somewhere will be interested.

Michelle

dfromspencer replied to eagleboy7678's response:
Hi again,

If anyone, I mean anyone, even if they looked like my dream woman, I would never talk to her ever again, if she asked me to help her on a site, any site, PERIOD!

I don't know what you look like, but when I was in the Army, I had a buddy that was about 5 feet tall, weighed maybe 125 soaking wet, had a pimply face, and yet, he had more girlfriends than I did, and I'm 6 foot tall and fairly handsome?! Go figure? When it comes to woman, anything goes!

Now, my final advice to you is, go out side, mingle in places where the ladies are hanging out. Get out, be seen, and act approachable, I mean smile, and have an open arm stance. Wear clean, neat clothes, wash your hair, brush your teeth, do these little things, and you should have no trouble getting looked at, that is when you want to flash that award winning smile! Take another look at what we all have been telling you, see al the similarities? That is a combined knowledge of us older people, both sexes. You should count your lucky stars you found this site!!! LOL!

Now, go get em, Tiger!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

sluggo45692 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Hey Eagle,

I told you the women would talk to you here. Listen to them. It's all out there if you strive to get it. We will try not to steer you wrong. I've been on this site for about a year now and if you got questions or even some answers, let us know. We all have had rough times. How we get to the good times is the important struggle.

Good Luck

eagleboy7678 replied to sluggo45692's response:
You're all right, and besides, the girl I am talking to hasn't talked to me in a while when I know I see her on Facebook or IM. Plus the last time we talked she keeps using the excuse that she is sick. Even worse she keeps saying that she wishes I was faithful to her, since I told her that I was actually once in a relationship back in early grade school. She said she has been in "2 she thinks" relationships? "She thinks?". If anything she has been in more relationships then me and I don't think her cheating. No matter what I say, she wont believe me. She demanded to know my facebook info so she can see who my ex was and if I was talking to her. (Of course, I said no that is private to me.) I guess she understood. Truth is I think she maybe talking to someone else, or just ignoring me I guess. She says she does nothing on Facebook but I have seen that she was on, but not talking with me. I guess just like in one of my other posts (online Dating Blues ). I am being play for a fool again. I think I'm about done with any form of online dating. I want to find someone to love really badly, but this is not needed in my life.

dfromspencer replied to eagleboy7678's response:
Hi again,

Well, there you go, she is doing just what you said she is doing! Playing you like a fiddle! These slinky women you meet on some of these sites want one thing, and one thing only, money!

Please stay off the sites like dating sites, or cam sites, or any other. You are a young man, you should be out there doing what all the rest of your age group is doing. Find what that is, and be there when everyone else is! Exposure is the best way to find a mate! If women cannot see you, and judge you by your conduct, you are doomed to keep repeating your mistakes! You have to be where the ladies can see you, watch you, examine you, see how you dress, comb your hair, or even brush your teeth?! Without exposure, you might as well live in a cave! Get off the internet altogether, well, except for important stuff like posting here, or school work, things like that? No more dating sites, or anything like that, you hear me? Go outdoors, if its cold, you may need to go to the library, or even a classy bar? You NEED EXPOSURE!!!

I hope you take what everyone is telling you as truth, we are older than you, and we have been around the block a few more times than you?! Please get off that internet, and go out there, find that mate!!! You can do it, you can do it!!!

Good luck!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

bigred53 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Eagle you sound like a nice young man but as everyone else has said I don't think you can find love on a cam site. In a previous post you said that you do have friends. Go out and do things with them. You're in college, right? There should be plenty of recreational activities for you to get involved with. What about going to baseball games with a group of friends. Since its the school team it shouldn't cost much. There should be clubs and organizations you can join.

Volunteer for a charity. Work with the Boy Scouts - they are always looking for help and they have fun! I admire people who help others and I'm sure the young women around you will too.

The point is yyou hhave to get away from your computer. I know it's not easy to put yourself out there but you can do it and that is how you are going to find a girlfriend.

In the meantime keep coming back here for advice and understanding. We do want to help you and when things work out for you we will be happy for you too.

Michelle

rohvannyn replied to eagleboy7678's response:
If she's bugging you about a relationship you had in grade school, and equating it with cheating, and trying to get your facebook info based on that, she is either trying to scam you for information or she is NUTS. Run away. Run far, far away. This woman is dangerous, there's no two ways about it. I think your instincts in what you say in your last few sentences are absolutely right.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Same thing here
My boyfriend use to hold me as we slept, now it is i have to hold him or he wants to hold hands. The intamcy is not like it use to be and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.