Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
does age really matter in a relationship?
eagleboy7678 posted:
I am a 22 year old male, I have been talking to two other women online. One i found on Socila sex.com (Dont judge me please). She was the first one to message me and is the only one who continuously messages me. She is 27 years old. She lives were i live (i am at college at the moment away form home). Lets just say that her pictures show alot of flesh, but she says that she is looking for more then a bed buddy and our profiles have a 81 percent match rating, the highest i have ever had on that site. I told her that she looked very genuine and she seemed very excited to meet me.

The Second one I have met on Speedate.com and we have been talking and we share some similar intrests as well. She is 29 years old and lives a little bit farther away from me. She seems very nice and she is also looking for a relationship and she wants to meet me asap!

So im wondering does age really matter? PErsonally i want to date an older women cause alot of the girls i see are slizzy and not sure what they want really. But also if both of them want to meet me, then what should i do, i cant date both of them but i dont want to tell either of them that there is someone else who also wants to meet me. I need help, i have never been in a relationship in my life, and i don't know what to do or how to approach this. What should i do, I have never had two women who have showed intrest in me at the same time.

rohvannyn responded:
Hi there! Don't worry, no judgement here. I'd say get to know both of them, and if you get serious with either one break it off with the other one. Just be respectful and you'll do fine.

The age issue is different. You will have differences in experience, which can be good if you are young. Be open to learning, some women really like to show younger men the ropes romantically. Age differences can be a big problem or they can be no problem at all. It all depends on how compatable you two are. If you meet the right woman, age difference won't really matter.

In the meantime, don't worry about finding your "forever woman." The age differences you aren't talking about aren't that big, and a lot depends on both your attitudes. I totally respect your desire not to associate with sleazy women. For now, meet people face to face, stay safe, and enjoy yourself. You will build confidence.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

fcl responded:
I suggest you meet both of them. It's perfectly acceptable to date more than one person until you decide to be exclusive. I doubt that either of these women expect to be exclusively dating from the very first meeting. Go ahead and meet them

As for the age difference, if they don't have a problem with it then that's all that matters.

Good luck!
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

sluggo45692 responded:
Hi Eagleboy7678,
As a person who met my gf online, I can tell you honesty is the best policy. Don't lie. I dated 3-4 women at a time while I was online dating. I explained right up front what I wanted and what my needs were. I was on 4 sites and dated/talked to about a dozen women. Some were just hook ups and some had ended up just a meet and greet and over. I told every one of the women I met I was seeing other women.
My gf was told right up front what my expectations were and what I was doing. Never hide what your doing. Don't expect the love of your life on the 1st date. Be confident and sure of what you want from a partner.
I dated older than me and younger than me. I was 45 at the time. The oldest was 52 and the youngest was 35. When I was 25 I dated a woman who was 56. OMG what a couple of nights. She taught me a lot, but I also showed her some things. Over 18 and consenting, what does age matter?
My gf now is my age. We talked online and then phone for over 3 months before we even met. By our 3rd date, I started feeling a difference in our relationship. One time after that, she asked me if I was still seeing other women. I told her I was, but what I didn't tell her was I felt bad about telling her I was seeing other women. I could see the hurt in her eyes. 2 weeks later I told her we were exclusive. I also advised the other women I was seeing that we were over. They understood and congratulated me on finding someone.
I'm a firm believer in the truth. Lying and covering up only hurts you and your honor. No one wants to date a dishonorable person.

Good Luck

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.