Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
this what i have taught myself.
dem16 posted:
learned in 28 years that talking about things is a very big,plus to feeling better. making peace with my sexual part of my past by confronting by step dad.,it does not change what happend, but has helped me put my attpts in check for27 years.i do not put up with the verbal abuse that my family dishes out,but cause ihave cut them out them,out of my life at one time. but,that does not help what i am dealing

dem16 responded:
there is another part to this.,they are the things i have taught myself,so you,see it is not,like i am,not trying. but has not helpeb the stuff in my head

dfromspencer replied to dem16's response:
Oh Debbie, I am so sorry!!! I thought it was your uncle? Your step father did what? Did he take advantage of you? Oh you poor girl!!! I suppose that is why you feel the way you do? And, I suppose your family thought you was lying, am I right? Making things up? Trying to get him in trouble? No one ever thought it might be true, so they tell you over and over that it is all in your head, you made it up?! Am I close???

Wow, you have had a very rough life, I'm sorry! At least you are here, talking about it, that is a good thing!!! Get it out of your head, then it will get out of your soul! Keep this up, and I hope, I really hope, you can get your life back together?!

We are going to help you, Deb, I promise you, we will find a way to get this out of your soul!!! I hope Dr. Leslie can help you get it out of your head?! Just know this, we are here for you, anytime you need us, ok???

I want you to have an excellent night, and sweet dreams tonight, ok?! See you tomorrow, ok?!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn responded:
First of all, I want to offer my humble and respectful congratulations for all you have done. You have survived a lot. From what you have said, you have tried really hard and continue to work hard to overcome this. I honor that. I just wanted to let you know that if I offer suggestions it's in the hope that maybe I can think of something that you could try that might be different than what you have done before.

It's not because don't think you are trying that I try to offer help. If you hadn't tried, I wouldn't care and I'd ignore you. It's because I see you have tried, I hear what you say and respect what you have been through, and because I respect that you haven't given up.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
When people feel really upset, it can be easy to also get sucked into feeling that nothing has helped and no one cares. And when this happens, people are often helped by reminding themselves of the things they have done that have helped them - even if just a little bit - and by also thinking about the people who have shown them some caring. Maybe this can help you?

dem16 replied to rohvannyn's response:
thanks roh, i really grateful to you and the others. i am sorry for the slow response. the respect is mutal

rohvannyn replied to dem16's response:
You are welcome, Deb! By the way, what do you prefer to be called? I want to get it right.
Roh

dem16 replied to rohvannyn's response:
anythimg,just dont dont call me deborah. i tell people you will be my ene?y i f you do

rohvannyn replied to dem16's response:
No worries about me doing that! I try to just call people what they want me to call them. Thanks, Deb!
Roh

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.